Friday, March 28, 2014

Love you, Bae!

Not too long ago someone asked me if I knew what Bae stood for. Confidently I said, "Yeah, it's short for baby." The person responded, "Yeah, but it means 'before anything else'."  I brushed the person off but thought about it later.
Before anything else. Who in this world do I love before anything else? Who do I place before anything else? No one. Not my spouse, my children, my parents. No one. We live in a selfish world. We have an egocentric society. Me first. You later.  I do what pleases and promotes me. I will help you to the extent that it pursues my personal goals. I will do for me before anything else.
But God! God loves us. God loves us before anything else. He loves us so much that He sent his son Jesus to be tortured, beaten, ridiculed.  Jesus died because of His love for us. He loved us before we knew him. He loved us before we were willing to acknowledge our own sins. He loved us before we were even a thought in our parents brain. There is nothing we can do to push God's love away because He loves us before anything else. We are never too messed up, jacked up, old, young, dark, light, skinny, fat, beat up, drugged up, whatever. Because He loved us before we could ever love him.
God looks at us/you/me, smiles, and simply says,
I love you, Bae.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, thoughts, and words are appreciated.