Sunday, March 17, 2013

On a Mission: Guadalupe's Journal for Nurture the World - Honduras

The following are excerpts from the journal Guadalupe kept during the Project 611 Nurture the World: Honduras mission trip.

Monday, March 11, 2013 at 10:07 pm:

Well, I had a very informative/fun day at The Ranch... Ashley was waiting for me right outside of immigration.  He automatically greeted me with a huge hug and we were off!...Before we came to The Ranch, Ashley took me for a tour of Honduras.  At first it reminded me
of Mexico, but the deeper we went the more differences I saw.  The is SO much need here!  The poverty is insane; 8% of the rich have 92% of the income!...People here [at The Ranch] are very nice/friendly, well organized, and made me feel at home...

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 7:38 am:

Muy amables y los niños son muy inteligentes y hablan Inglés casi impecablemente.  Anoche llovió y pude descansar.  Estoy emocionada por ayudar y ver como Dios se revelará hoy!....  Como dormirán las otras personas en el pueblo?...How do they sleep?  Are they comfortable?  Warm?  It hurts to know others are suffering, to see it/experience it first hand...Morning devotional was awesome!  Shed a tear or two.  Everyone singing praises to God in English and Spanish, little and old.  Is this how heaven must be like?...

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 9:59 pm:

What a day today has been!...My favorite part was visiting the home after dinner because they held their own devotion time where the children led Bible study.  It was amazing to see them read and contribute to how they felt the Holy Spirit speaking to them.  One can't understand how God deals with one's spirit until you're on a mission.  The faith these children have is amazing!...I will say that this is a common expression here, :that God deals more with the helpers...If one worries about the work of the Father, the Father will take care of His child."...I am so blessed to have this opportunity...

Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 9:19 pm:

It has been a wonderful experience and I cannot wait to [come] back with our team [from] Project 611.  It was one of the hardest things having to leave The Ranch.  I truly made connections, not only with the kids, but also with the adults...God is doing great and marvelous things in Honduras.  I truly believe that...I can go on and on and on.  Project 611 needs to be in Honduras!


Project 611 is sending Guadalupe and a team of missionaries back to Tegucigalpa, Honduras in Summer 2013.  If you would like to participate in this mission trip or Project 611 local and global outreach initiatives email admin@project611.org.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, thoughts, and words are appreciated.